Thursday, 23 April 2009

Blonde ambition



Today I decided to go and get my hair cut, partly because we are going to a wedding this weekend and partly because I am anticipating that the next few weeks are going to be such hell that I need a treat. Yes, I definitely do need to look good for packing, moving furniture into vans and tediously sorting out the detritus of my house. No question about it.

I went for shorter and a bit blonder, ultimately aiming for a sort of January Jones in Mad Men type of look. As usual, I fear the result is probably more Tanya from Eastenders (see above), but never mind.

Anyway, as I walked back down the street afterwards (and bear in mind that I am wearing a slightly crumpled white blouse and flowing linen trousers, not exactly skin tight lycra) I was whistled at by no less than two sets of builders. This hasn't happened for a while; when you are generally accompanied by two small boys and a double pram, wolf whistles are a very rare thing indeed.

So it must be the hair. Either that or my oversized sunglasses (£3.99 from H&M, ladies - yes, you too can look like a film star for less than a fiver).

Anyway, never mind gentlemen preferring blondes. It clearly does the trick for builders.

11 comments:

Mud in the City said...

You are clearly set to take the US by storm!!

You're tagged on mine as well...

Wife in Hong Kong said...

I'm reaching for the hair dye as I read...

Nota Bene said...

I'm reaching for the dye too

Tara@Sticky Fingers said...

You chic chick you!
I'm heading down to H&M the minute the sun rises . . .
Nota Bene, no no no no no!

Bec said...

Oh, H&M...how I have missed you! Can't wait until we meet again!
Gotta love the way a new do makes you feel! All the best for the next few weeks and your big move - I have 17 more sleeps until my own big move to London from Brisbane...I know how you're feeling! :-)

Iota said...

Get you!

Maternal Tales said...

Ooh there's nothing like a new hair-do to make you feel a bit swishy. I can see it now! x

Expat mum said...

See when I get wolf whistles, it's usually because I've inadvertantly tucked my skirt into my knickers!

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Oh please...spread some of that magic this way! Or do I have to move to the US to get it? Well done you!!

Nunhead Mum of One said...

I love my own blonde locks so I can only imagine you look fab!

As if you haven't got enough to do.....there's a tag for you at mine xx

crunchiemummy said...

Good for you! Am going back to the UK for a month this summer and H&M will definitely be on my list of things to do!!