Friday 25 July 2014

What shall we name the blog?

The move uphill to Crystal Palace is looming ever nearer and I'm still mulling over blog names.

A few of you have suggested names that somehow link it back to the Nappy Valley moniker that is my "brand", my "trademark" and my "USP" (as I'm sure the blogging gurus at BritMums would tell me). Iota suggested "From Nappy Valley to Crystal Palais"? or "From the Valley to the Palais" and Melissa thought that "Crystal Palace - the new Nappy Valley" might also helpfully raise house prices in my area (I like her thinking -- although given the current London house bubble and pesky estate agents inflating prices, I don't reckon much help is needed).

Bearing this in mind, I wondered about "Ally at the Palais (Moving on from Nappy Valley)" as my name could possibly be shortened to Ally. But is this a bit of a mouthful I wonder? And would people get confused with Ally Pally (which is the other side of London)?

Then again I could go down the Crystal route. Crystal Clear? Crystal Balls? (I quite like the latter but I'm concerned I might get rather a lot of strange hits on my blog). 

Or there's the Transmitter (as Iota also suggested). Crystal Clear Tranmission? It sounds a bit like an ad for a TV though.

Other thoughts: Life at the Palace? Palatial Living? House on the Hill? Parklife (we're very close to Crystal Palace Park)?

Tell me what you like, and if you really think I should keep the "Nappy Valley" element....

7 comments:

Kit said...

Onward and Upwards from Nappy Valley? I like the Nappy Valley moniker, but as your kids are growing and you are moving you don't want to get stuck in the past, I guess. And Crystal Palace is upwards!

Expat mum said...

Nappy Valley isn't really relevant now but you should probably try to keep a link somehow. At least for a while. I like from the Valley to the Palais.

Iota said...

I think that it would be good also to have a reference in the subtitle to your time in America, because part of your blog at the moment is about you re-entering UK life. So, just as an example, it would be good to have "From the Valley to the Palais" and "... via Long Island" as as subtitle.

nappy valley girl said...

I see a theme emerging!
I'm liking From the Valley to the Palais more and more...any other suggestions though, keep 'em coming.

Muddling Along said...

Is so hard - um something like expeditions from the Valley so you can update it as you move? Next steps from Nappy Valley?

Nota Bene said...

Time to move on from Nappy Valley methinks...but no idea what to...sorry

Millennium Housewife said...

do the one that'll get you strange hits on the blog - they're hilarious! Anything with housewife in it brings a wonderful plethora of human peccadilloes - I'm quite the connoisseur.