1. You go for a walk and notice that one of your children is wearing last year's crocs and the other snowboots. You realise it might be time to visit the shoe shop....
2. The weather is varying wildly; from 4 degrees and raining one weekend, to 21 degrees and brilliant sunshine the next. A few weeks ago you were sledgng; now your children are playing outside with hoses.
3. Suddenly the garden bursts into life and you begin worrying about things like poison ivy again....meanwhile the ubiquitous gangs of gardeners (or 'landscapers' as they are known here) reappear after vanishing over the winter. (Did they fly south?)
4. I can actually sit out on my porch and read the paper. It's warm enough, and the mosquitoes haven't reappeared. Yet. Although a friend swears she's seen one...
5. Your husband is saying you need a new barbecue as a matter of urgency; so you spend half of the warmest Saturday of the year perusing the local branches of Wal-Mart and Target for a mysterious hybrid model that is said to combine both gas and charcoal.
6. You visit a local playground and it is busier than you have EVER seen it, even in the height of summer. Mothers you haven't seen since September suddenly emerge, and confess that they have been 'hibernating'.
7. The queue for the ice cream van at said playground is half a mile long and everyone is enthusiastically ordering lollies for their kids. A bit different from summer, when most mothers are cursing the van and the frequency of its visits to the park.
8. Rather random Easter decorations appear on houses and in shop windows. The local pharmacy appears to have Easter eggs dangling from tinsel Christmas trees. Well, there's nothing like reuse and recyle!
9. Winter being seemingly over, you start to wash and put away the ski clothes. Your husband transfers the snow shovels from outside the front door to the shed....
10. ....You look at the weather forecast for next weekend - and notice that it is probably going to snow again.